Sunday, 1 January 2017

The Little Things I Have Learnt To Appreciate



"It has been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important."
- Arthur Conan Doyle




Fairy lights.
A night in with nothing but a book and a cup of tea.
A smile shared with a stranger.
The company of good people.
Old music that will never become dated.
In depth conversations about life, and everything that comes along with it.
Listening to stories about relatives that you were never fortunate enough to meet.
New pyjamas.
Roast dinner, with extra gravy.
A book so good, you can't get your nose out of it.
Having perfectly painted nails, which make you feel like you've got your crap together.
Watching a film/programme that makes you question life, remember how lucky you are or just affects you in a big way.
The Beatles.
Someone pointing out you smell good - "What perfume are you wearing?"
When you get your makeup just right.
When your marks for that recent essay reflect the hours you put into it.
Tidying your room, and basking in its new squeaky-clean state with reverence.

What little things have you learnt to appreciate, or hope to in 2017?

12 comments:

  1. I love all of these things! The little things I appreciate is love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's sweet, thank you for your comment!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  2. Oh i love deep conversations about life. Those are the best. And for some really sad reason, the blog link I had in my blogger dashboard for your blog was broken so it didn't update me of your new posts until I went through and tested all the links today. I am so glad that I got it fixed and that I will get updates on your blog again!

    Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they? Aw no, I'm glad it's fixed now. I look forward to hearing from you more, Lauren!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is full of so much happiness:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace, I'm so glad you think so!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  4. FAIRYLIGHTS ARE THE BEST ;), oohhh all of these I love, aha! Great post Lauren!

    Paige xo // The Joys of Being Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Aw thank you so much Paige :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  5. Hello! I love your blog so much; you have a really beautiful design! I loved these so much - I totally agree that it's the little things that make you happy, I especially agree with the Beatles, there's just nothing that makes anyone happier than listening to an old Beatles record. I have followed your blog because I think it’s so good!!! I would love it if you had a look at my blog; I’m a very passionate teenage blogger but I’m quite new and really need the support! Perhaps we could become friends? Thank you so much // Jeani xxx www.jeanithoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I've just been listening to an old Beatles record actually, what a coincidence! Of course I'll have a look at your blog, thank you for joining - I hope you enjoy future posts. :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  6. Awww, I LOVED your list!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so glad you do! <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete