Sunday, 5 February 2017

Why Is Vinyl Back?





Why is vinyl back?

Since being given my Dad's old record player, my love for vinyl has grown. Then, when my grandma kindly gave me a Steepletone for Christmas 2k16, it multiplied by one hundred. 

I'm trying to work out why it's back; I think I may have cracked it. 

We live in a modern age where most things aren't there to touch. Music is stored on our phones, photos on our hard drives and story drafts on our computers. 

You can hold a record. You can read the lyrics on the back of the cover as you watch the needle read the melody.

It's not about quality of sound, it's about the aesthetically astounding authenticity that comes with holding vinyl in your hand. Its in-explainable; the crackling sound as the needle touches the record is enough to send warm fuzzies down your spine.

And that is why I think I will always love vinyl.   

6 comments:

  1. I think it's really special that you think music should be held. It's something that many people forget.
    But, then again, that could possibly be the beauty of instruments. A person not only holds the music but dictates its too.

    Steph
    www.sociaspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a lovely way to think of it, thank you Steph. <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  2. That is such a good way of putting it! I adore vinyl myself. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! Vinyl is lovely. :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  3. I find vinyl very cool and that is proably exactly why people love it so much.

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nabila, I'm so glad you think so!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete